Download Books Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog Online

Download Books Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog  Online
Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog Hardcover | Pages: 398 pages
Rating: 4.2 | 18211 Users | 1771 Reviews

Particularize Books To Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog

Original Title: Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog
ISBN: 0151012709 (ISBN13: 9780151012701)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Merle, Ted Fielding
Setting: Wyoming(United States)

Commentary Supposing Books Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog

While on a camping trip, Ted Kerasote met a dog—a Labrador mix—who was living on his own in the wild. They became attached to each other, and Kerasote decided to name the dog Merle and bring him home. There, he realized that Merle's native intelligence would be diminished by living exclusively in the human world. He put a dog door in his house so Merle could live both outside and in. A deeply touching portrait of a remarkable dog and his relationship with the author, Merle's Door explores the issues that all animals and their human companions face as their lives intertwine, bringing to bear the latest research into animal consciousness and behavior as well as insights into the origins and evolution of the human-dog partnership. Merle showed Kerasote how dogs might live if they were allowed to make more of their own decisions, and Kerasote suggests how these lessons can be applied universally.

Declare Of Books Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog

Title:Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog
Author:Ted Kerasote
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 398 pages
Published:July 2nd 2007 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published 2007)
Categories:Nonfiction. Animals. Dogs. Autobiography. Memoir. Biography. Audiobook. Environment. Nature

Rating Of Books Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog
Ratings: 4.2 From 18211 Users | 1771 Reviews

Criticism Of Books Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog
This book has been number three on my to-read list for many years, but I simply never came across a physical copy of it. Following my vow to read some of my oldest wishes, I downloaded it on Kindle. I'm so glad I did!This book had me ugly crying by the end, desperate sobs that hurt almost as much as what I was reading. I adore my animals, and although I don't/can't let them live the life Merle had, I am going to be devastated when they are gone. Ted's journey, and the final days with both Merle

***After meeting the author (5/12/08) the other night and hearing him read passages from the book, I've decided I want to read the book again. What a neat dog!***I LOVED this book. I still can't figure out who the luckiest character in the book is: the dog or the owner. Ted was so lucky to find such a wonderful dog and Merle was lucky to have such a neat owner who lived in such a neat place, that allowed him to be a free dog! I hate always crying at the end of dog books, but I have to say that

I'm not quite halfway through this book, but it is positively gripping and right up my alley. Its outdoor setting is reminiscent of good Jim Kjelgaard novels (Big Red, Haunt Fox, etc.) and, on top of that, this author has done his research. Throughout the novel, Kerasote has cited scientific and archaeological research on dog origins and psychology. Having done my honors thesis on this topic, I can vouch that his citations are both accurate and fascinating. Of course, it might be the kind of

Okay, I was suckered in by the cute dog picture on the cover. But I found myself really caring about the players in this extraordinary human-dog relationship. Granted, Merle had such a great life and so much freedom because he lived in a dog-friendly town on the edge of Grand Tetons NP. And he got to do great dog stuff like hunt elk and ski snow-covered slopes. Most dogs don't have those opportunities. The book dragged when author Kerasote waxed on about scientific research into why dogs act the

I am exhausted from this incredibly sad ending to a book. I think I'm done with dog books for awhile--just too emotional. And I found this especially tough, as it was such a prolonged ending. I appreciate the author's perspective, but I do think euthanasia has its place and is a blessing for animals in many cases. I wondered if it was the right choice to have Merle continue on to a natural end. However, having been through such an awful decision, I recognize it is hard to judge unless you are

I love books about dogs, I was very excited to read this book and expected to fly through it and finish with a five star rating. Well, I've been reading it for over 2 months and I just can't bring myself to pick it back up and finish it; needless to say I do not love it. I think the thing that bugs me about this book is how much the author relies on anthropomorphizing Merle throughout the story (at least the half of it I've mangaged to read). I don't like Kerasote speaking for Merele and telling

Merle's Door is an excellent book for anyone who loves dogs or the outdoors. Merle is the true character who runs the story, even though he's a canine, and the friendship with his owner and him is wonderfully-written.

Post a Comment

0 Comments